Welcome to the BYMS Library
8:05AM to 3:45PM - On Mondays,the library will open at 8:35am. (subject to closures for meeting and special events.)
The BYMS Library provides a wide variety of books and materials that not only support the curriculum, but also promote a lifelong love of reading. Emphasis is placed on the appreciation and enjoyment of literature and the motivation of reading for pleasure as well as for information.
Our goal is to provide an atmosphere where students can read, study,
and use the computers in a comfortable, quiet and relaxing atmosphere.
The following guidelines will help facilitate this goal:
1. STUDENTS MUST SHOW THEIR STUDENT ID TO CHECK OUT BOOKS AND TO USE THE COMPUTERS. Student I.D. is required to safeguard student records, prevent loss, and maintain accurate student checkout procedures. We will gladly hold a book for students if I.D. cards are not available at the time of checkout.
2. The Internet is available for use in school curriculm related assignments or projects only.
3. A copy machine, printer and textbooks are available for student use. There is a $.10 charge for each page printed or copied.
4. Chairs remain at the tables or computers stations where they belong.
5. Voices must remain low to maintain a quiet atmosphere. Socializing is done outside.
6. No food, drink (including water), candy, gum, etc. allowed in the library.
7. NO OUTSIDE FLOPPY DISKS, CDs, OR FLASH DRIVES CAN BE USED ON THE LIBRARY COMPUTERS.
STUDENTS MUST SHOW THEIR STUDENT ID TO CHECK OUT A BOOK.
Our library collection is online. Students can search for a book by title, author, subject or series. Library books are checked out for 3 weeks and can be renewed. Reference books may be checked out overnight and returned before the start of school the following day. Magazines are not checked out.
Overdue notices are sent to and posted in the Language Arts classrooms.
Remember: Students will be held responsible for any book charged to their library account, including lost or damaged ones.
Please be aware of what your child is reading. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to know what their child is reading. Our library houses a collection of books with a wide range of reading and maturity levels. If you have any concerns regarding specific books, please feel free to contact the librarian. Together we can make the BYMS library the best it can be for all our students.